Hi!

I plan to build a web application with a CentralEntryServlet. This
Servlet invokes some actions which depends on the given PathInfo. The
actions are very extensive and return a ready OutputStream which then is
printed out to the Client.

I want to use templates which are connected to different actions. The
actions aren't provided with the web application. They depend on the
needs of a customer. You can think of these actions were like a list of
modules which collects/prepare some data and the templates to show these
data.

One possibility would be to point the Client to a JSP page after
processing the actions and then let Tomcat do the rest. But I don't like
this possibility.

 The templates should be thin with no java source inside. I want to
reduce and to simplify the template development drastically so I don't
want the Web designers to use JSP tags inside these templates. Instead
the templates have only a few more TAGs additionaly to HTML. These tags
are converted to Java source by the template compiler of my application
so that the compiled templated is a JSP. Now I want this JSP be
processed to get the HTML output which I can then print out to the
client.

Cu, Gunnar