Well the problem is that under a connector ( at least under jk+ajp ) you
need to configure the passing of HTTP server auth info to tc or not,
with the patch supplied by Jonathan Pierce ( althought it works in most
cases ) , you lose this control, it's difficult to assure if a newly
installed TC under jk will have auth working or not, and which one will
be used ( the HTTP server or TC ).

You can have varying behaviours on TC dependending on external configs.

1) if you doesnt care about the HTTPServer auth nor you have cofingured
in you own, tc auth will be used.

2) If you have HTTPServer auth working but it's not configured in a way
compatible with tc ( Same users in TC and HTTPServer) , you will have
failing examples in tc, ever.

3) ....

and so on..

> In any case, I just applied the patch as it looked ok to me.
> If the patch is
> bad, revert it.

It's not bad at all, but makes tc auth under a connector unpredictable..

Sorry for having only words, but i dont have the time to dig in the
jtc-ajp-4.0 code right now, but is simply a matter of pass an attribute
( "tomcatAuthentication" to be backwards compatible with tc3.3 ) used in
the connector element in server.xml to that point in code, and check it,
in case true simply dont use connector auth and do the reverse if
false..

> Remy

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega