hi, let me introduce myself.
My name is Filip Hanik and I just rejoined this mailing list since my time
has freed up a little bit lately.
I was looking through the source code and the archives and was wondering
what the status Tomcat has on session replication.

When looking through the source code I saw "package
org.apache.catalina.cluster;"

anyway, let me get to the point.
I'm one of the developers on an open source project called JavaGroups
(www.javagroups.com).
JavaGroups is a reliable group communication protocol which is perfectly
suitable as a messaging protocol between your cluster nodes.

Built into JavaGroups you already have
* Reliable multicasting
* Group membership changes (ie you will be notified when nodes in the
cluster crashes or startup)
* Highly configurable protocol stack
* Works out of the box

This means, that if you already have a cluster implementation, this already
developed implementation can leverage javagroups as a communication
protocol.

Since I'm not a developer on Tomcat (Catalina) I can of course not dictate
the decisions that are being made around this subject, but if there is a
possibility for me to help out in the clustering implementation I would be
more than happy to do so.

have a great weekend.
Filip

~