yes. i tried. that is the problem. too many server
session objects are created before any session
expires. web stress tool's automatic cookie doesn't
work well with tomcat so we don't use it in testing.

i just wonder why this problem only causes port
problem. when we integrate tomcat into our system,
configure multi-port and multi-context for the same
jsp, after one port gets down due to this problem,
other ports and the entire tomcat still work well.

anyway, this is not a tomcat bug.

thank you, Bill.