> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>
> > Do you think coyote could be ever used with Tomcat 3.3 ?
> > ie: works with JDK 1.1, support TC 3.3 via modules....
>
> Again: tomcat3.3 _doesn't_ require all modules to support
> JDK1.1 ! The only requirement is to have the basic
> functionality ( of a servlet container ) working on JDK1.1,
> and we already have that.
>
> There are quite a few optional modules in 3.3 that require
> 1.2 - sandbox, thread loader, etc. As long as the
> core is JDK1.1 compatible, things are going to be ok.

Anyway, it should be JDK 1.1 compliant.

> > JK/JK2 are available for both TC 3.3/4.x, it could be fine to
> > have also a common HTTP connector for them and coyote seems
> > to be the perfect candidate :)
>
> Well, we already have 4 HTTP/1.1 connectors for 3.3 :-)

I think he meant *JAVA* HTTP/1.1 connectors here.
:-)

> But I agree it would be good if Coyote would share more with
> jk - right now they use the low level stuff, but it would
> be trivial to integrate them a bit more and share the
> same connector ( the Request impl. - which will require
> quite a bit of work to optimize for 4.x ).

The request is slightly different at the moment, but that's because I don't
know what I need (so sorry, I'm not using your BaseRequest for the first
version). The Catalina adapter will be a full reimplementation of the
o.a.c.connector package (which has issues), and will use facaded
request/response objects.
So I'm doing the optimization work for you here.

Remy