Ignacio,

Forgive me if I don't understand, but it appears you are saying that
JDBCRealm's use of a sub-optimal table design is *flexible* because
there are ways in some databases to modify a correct schema (by adding
a view) to make it work with JDBCRealm?  It seems to me in this case
that it is the database that is being flexible not JDBCRealm!

In other words, users of databases such as MySQL or small pure Java
databases like HSQL or McCoi are out of luck because we refuse a
*backward compatible* patch that would allow them to work with their
existing, correct db design?

It seems to me that true flexiblilty in our code would be to allow
JDBCRealm to work with multiple database designs without requiring the
addition of views or modification of table designs.

Jim Seach