Bojan Smojver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 06:39, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>
>> p.s. Don't use JavaMail for it, because JavaMail tends to have a lot of
>> overhead.
>
> Yes, you're right. And I don't think you can limit (with JavaMail) how
> much data you want to allow, so that's another downside.

When dealing with MIME email messages (using MimeMessage), JavaMail
reads entire messages memory into memory at a time.  For huge
messages, this can be a very bad thing.  For Eyebrowse, I was able to
replace JavaMail's MimeMessage with my own skeleton implementation:

<http://eyebrowse.tigris.org/source/browse/eyebrowse/src/java/org/tigris/eyebrowse/util/mail/EyebrowseMimeMessage.java?rev=1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>