"Bill Barker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> What I'm suggesting is to change o.a.c.tc4.CoyoteRequest.getAttribute to
> something like:
> <code>
>     public Object getAttribute(String name) {
>         return coyoteRequest.getAttribute(name);
>     }
> </code>
This works fine, but I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to do:

     public Object getAttribute(String name) {
         Object attr=attributes.get(name);
         if(attr) return(attr);

         return coyoteRequest.getAttribute(name);
     }

That would let locally set attributes override those set via actions,
and should change behavior less than the change you suggest. I
don't understand Tomcat enough to be confident with the simpler
change--but if you say it's OK, I'm happy to believe you. :)

> It would also require some other changes in o.a.c.tc4.CoyoteRequest to be
> consistent.
What changes would we need here?

Thanks,
-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                http://www.rtfm.com/