Has there been any discussion on building a connector around the NIO package
in Java 1.4?  I just read an interesting article in the latest Java
Developer's Journal about a web server built using this support and it
looked excellent.  Using NIO would lower the number of required threads and
buffers/objects that would need to be created.  Obviously it would be
dependent on 1.4, so it could not be the default connector.  But, I believe
it would be nice to have the option.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer/Web Component Developer
Senior Software Architect, Kingland Systems Corporation