Yeah, that is especially fun when you have to telnet into
20 background servers and make the same changes to all 20
config files.  It is also fun hitting the docs everytime you need to
determine the legal values for a given config variable.

That said, I agree with you both: a GUI admin tool should
not preclude editing config files.

- Dave