jean-frederic clere said,
>  I am not able to get the administration tool working (like if the
role
>     "manager"  would not be enough to use it (403 and 404 -
/admin/j_security_check).

I ran into this error for the same reason, the "admin" role was not
defined in the
tomcat-users.xml database.     Since tomcat has no admin/manage role
when shipped,
a lot of people are going to run into this head on.

It would be nice if the error message more gently pushed the user in the
right direction, like "No 'admin' role yet defined" or "user with
'admin' requied to access this page" or something that mentions roles.
The "403 j_security_check" doesnt give an immediate place to turn and
resembles an
installation or internal error.

my $.02
bob