[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>

>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>>There are few bugs in jspc, mostly related with the generation of the
>>>class name and the mangling.
>>
>>Ooops, sorry, I thought I got it right. At least for the examples
>>webapp, it did appear to work good. It is quite hard to un-spaghetti the
>>code without beaking anything :-( What is the problem exactly ? (or
>>maybe you fixed it already, in which case, just commit the fix :))
>

> Well, the spaghetti is the problem :-)
>
> Yes, I fixed it - but I'm afraid I fixed it too much ( i.e. instead
> of just fixing the bug I cut the spaghetti a bit ), and that's
> why I'm asking for permission :-)

Sure, no problem. JspC has historically been the most broken feature in
Jasper. So I don't think it can get mush worse ;-)

>>+1. I thought about doing it myself ;-)
>>
>>The goal eventually is to remove the need for having two different
>>context classes.
>

> Great. It is actually easy to merge all 3 - by using the
> JspCServletContext ( the only part that's different
> is the getResource(), etc ). I'll do that.

+1.

> Now the next problem - in the process I did few changes to JspC
> to make it also work as an ant task ( i.e. added setters and I'm
> in process of un-spaghetti-ing the main method ). I was thinking
> to check it in as JspC2.
>
> The issue is that JspC2 may loose some of the options -
> I think it's more important to get consistent and predictible
> behavior, and I'm lost in how some options may work togheter.

Great idea, but I don't see a lot worth keeping in the old one if the
new one actually works (less options, but which actually work = good).
So I would remove the old one. If there's a need, we can always
resurrect it from CVS.

Remy