Hi,

Thanks for the "kind" feedback (this list can be a bit intimidating you
know!). I did try to create the DS in the default context but had no joy -
usual null ctx, no-helpful-info-in-the-logs kind of thing that seems to be
standard for mucking about in this area ;-) But then I reasoned "Why should
every deployed webapp be able to see 'my' resource? Shouldn't each one
explicitly declare it's own Datasource?" Maybe, Maybe not. If you can give
me a pointer to how to modify the server.xml then I'll add this case in.

So anyway, since no one else has -1'd me on this, I'm going to go ahead and
do my write up this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have a patch for you guys
tomorrow (if I can *ever* get my head around cvs diff :-)

Bye,

Les

(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102225547106556&w=2) and let
> me know of (a) any other bits I should include/know about and (b) whether
> should go ahead and generate a patch for the docs at all?

Les, that is good... The only thing I can "nitpick" on (since it seems my
task over here now! :) is that by putting the <Resource> inside the
<Context>, your resource will only be visible to that particular context (in
your case "DBTest").

If you could expand it, by also describing the case of a resource shared by
more than one context, that would be great... Good addition...

    Pier