>Henri thinks we should discuss that here, so I'm forwarding
>the original mail.

Sure that's OSS way ;)

>Basically I don't like the time. The alternative is to use something
>like GetTickCount().

there is no gettickcount under Unix, but you could use gettickcount on
WIN32 if it's faster.

>The patch uses the semi-dynamic endpoint cache. One should set the high
>enough worker.cachesize, and the number of opened channels will drop
>after worker.cache_timeout.

Tell use more about worker.cache_timeout.

>Since IMO there was the general +1 for Jan's patch, here is
>the original
>with added endpoint timeout.

time_t now = time(NULL);

Is there faster alternative in apache ? time() is a consuming
call, and I recall hack from a SGI boy to speed Apache 1.3
in avoiding use of time(), which are also in request_rec (r->request_time)
in apache 1.3 (time_t) and 2.0 (apr_time_t)