> Here is a bit more information on why I haven't ruled out JSTL or 1.2
> JSP tags as a possible cause.
>
> 1. the standard examples all run fine and do not exhibit a memory leak,
> including the simpletag example.
> 2. the other person experiencing memory leak is also using JSP tags
> extensively.
> 3. my JSTL pages produce the memory leak every time.
> 4. static files and images do not produce the bug.
>
> One difference I can think of is JSTL accesses the pageContext
> frequently. My test pages use JSTL <c:import> quite a bit, which might
> be causing the leak? In either case, I sent my test pages to Remy.

After getting the 'string', I can get the memory problem with the given
example.

After looking into it, it happens also with the include and forward
examples, so it's either a bug in the page context, or more likely with
4.1's request dispatcher (since Jasper 2 + 4.0.x supposedly works well).
Given that Coyote + 4.0.x reportedly works fine, it is also unlikely there's
a problem there.

Remy