The thread pool and its manager will solve that for the iis on the c
side, and the request rec cleanup on the apache. But I still need some
sort of mechanism that will allow to shutdown and cleanup and
dereference everything, (for sure) on the Java side. Running TC shutdown
leaves the jvm attached to the process with the redirected stdout/stderr
locked.
Any idea how to track that down?

MT.