All,

Patrick Luby wrote:

 > I tend to agree with Jon on this issue. When I voted for a
 > java-servletapi-5 repository, I made the - I think reasonable -
 > assumption that the java-servletapi-5 repository would only contain the
 > JSR-154 code. After all, the java-servletapi-4 repository has, for as
 > long as I can remember, only contained javax.servlet.* classes.

Oops. The javax.servlet.jsp.* packages have been in jakarta-servlet-4
for a long time.

In any case, I tried seeing if this issue could be solved by merely
moving the javax.servlet.jsp.* packages over to the
jakarta-tomcat-jasper repository. Unfortunately, that breaks the
jakarta-taglibs code that jakarta-tomcat-jasper depend on. I suspect
that there are other projects that may expect the javax.servlet.jsp.*
package to be in servlet.jar as well. :(

So, even though I don't like the current structure and I think it would
be cleaner to have the javax.servlet.jsp.* packages separated from the
javax.servlet.* packages, separating them may cause a lot of pain for
others who have come to depend on the current structure. I feel that I
should take this into my vote and, hence, I am changing my vote to:

[X] I don't want the API's split into separate repo's
[ ] I don't care
[ ] I want the API's split into separate repo's.

Patrick

Patrick Luby                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900