Patrick ( and all ),

The 'launcher' is a very good idea - reducing the use of .bat/sh and
having 'keepalive' functionality and a clean startup file are
all great.

My only requirement is to keep the code clean and minimise dependencies.

My understanding of the launcher is that it uses ant file to describe
the paths, conditions, etc. I looked at the code in sandbox - and
there are few issues ( many tasks that duplicate existing functionality
in ant, etc ), and some should be contributed back to ant ( like the
enhancements to Execute ). I support the idea - as long as tomcat
code is kept clean and this is optional.

Right now we have a mess of launchers / entry points.