Remy,

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> No, I'd rather do something according to the pre-proposal put forward by
> Costin that would be a refactoring of the whole startup and
> configuration code, rather than an evolution of the current code. I
> don't have much interest in trying to improve that code, as I think it's
> good enough (ie, it gets the job done).

That makes sense. Trying to rework the startup stuff at the same time
before Costin's pre-proposal is implemented would probably cause a lot
more problems (or at least later rework) than waiting until after
Costin's pre-proposl is implemented.

Patrick

Patrick Luby                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900