My environment is Win 2k, JDK 1.4, J2EE 1.4.1 on Tomcat 4.0.2.

Within my SOAP service running on Tomcat I need to access an entity
EJB and also post messages to a JMS topic. In order to see the
javax/jms/... objects Tomcat needs to have j2ee.jar on its classpath.

If I publish to the topic before attempting to lookup and access the
bean I get a class cast exception on an ORBSingleton class. A class
with this name is defined both within EE and SE. If try to access the
EJB before publishing to the topic I get a class cast exception on another
corba class , also defined both in EE and SE.

If I run the code outside Tomcat with the same classpath everything works.
This looks like a class loader mess, but given that the Tomcat code needs
access to the j2ee.jar I can't think of a way around it.

Any ideas appreciated.

OpenJaw Technologies Ltd.
Guinness Enterprise Centre
Taylor's Lane