Amy Roh wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>

>>Amy Roh wrote:
>>
>>>MBeanFactory.createStandardContext() still throws
>>>"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base .\webapps\newpath
>>>does not exist or is not a readable directory" after recent change in
>>>StandardContext.  Is there something else missing that is preventing
>>>host.addChild(newContext) to work?
>>
>>I do not understand the problem, or what is wrong. BTW, before the
>>change, the context was never properly initialized.
>

> It's good that the context is now properly initialized with the new fix.  :-)
>
> However, the problem is that admin is not working in creating Context now.  It's
> broken in the head branch if anyone cares.  :-(

It's working fine for me, at least with an absolute docBase. Given that
the webapps in the host appBase will be live deployed, that's the main
use case.
What are the docBase values you're trying to use ?

> You'll see the problem if you try to create a new Context and it'll fail
> throwing IllegalArgumentException.  This is new and I'm not sure where the
> problem either.  I'll investigate further.

Well, you probably never got the exception before, because the context
was never initialized at all (so it didn't get a chance to complain
about a non existent docBase).

Remy