Bill Barker wrote:

> [...]

I used to like a lot (1), however I've been bitten few times. I still
think it is a good solution, but with a lot of care.

(2) is very easy to implement, and can solve the problem.

The big question is: do we want to keep the very small/minimal parent
loader - with commons-logging-api in the container loader ?

BTW, I'm not sure what was the original problem you are trying
to solve. I have a lot of mail to sort through, I would apreciate
some more context info :-)