[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sounds helpful, thanks Amy, but introduces some issues.
>
> In the last few weeks we developed three connectors and it will
> be more in future.
>
> 1. My main question is, why isn't mbeans-descriptors.xml part of
>    the configuration directory?
>
> 2. For me it looks like i have to rebuild tomcat to get my
>    connector known.
>
> Do i miss something?

Yes, you can specify using an external descriptors file (although this
is undocumented).

Add a "descriptors" attribute to the ServerLifecycleListener element.
The value should be the path (for the classloader, so put your file
somewhere in server/classes) to your resource. You can specify multiple
ones by using a ';' path separator. The file themselves should have the
same DTD as mbeans-descriptors.xml.

Remy