on 2002/9/25 6:27 AM, "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, this is not a very good policy IMO. Self-contained applications are
> a good thing ( IMO ).

Then store your templates in the WEB-INF directory. That is what we do with
Scarab, which is 100% self contained.

> And of course, JSPs don't have to be stored in the webroot either - and
> in general shouldn't be there except for development. It's better (IMO)
> to just precompile and include only the generated servlets - at least
> for a category of webapps.

Correct, but what is *encouraged* by default is to store them in the
webroot. Maybe you guys should fix that.

    jakarta-tomcat-4.0.5/webapps/examples/jsp

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco