Oliver Wulff wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use Tomcat 4.10.
>
> When I want to show the available roles the ListRolesAction has to be
> called. I guess that it will be called twice.
>
> Here is a snippet of org.apache.webapp.admin.users.UsersTreeBuilder:
> TreeControlNode roles = new TreeControlNode
>             ("Global Administer Roles",
>              "Roles.gif",
>              resources.getMessage("users.treeBuilder.rolesNode"),
>              "users/listRoles.do?databaseName=" +
>              URLEncoder.encode(databaseName) +
>              "&forward=" +
>              URLEncoder.encode("Roles List Setup"),
>              "content",
>              false);
>
> and a snippet of the struts-config.xml:
> <forward        name="Roles List"
>                     path="/users/listRoles.jsp"
>                 redirect="false"/>
>
>     <forward        name="Roles List Setup"
>                     path="/users/listRoles.do?forward=Roles+List"
>                 redirect="false"/>
>
> As you can see from the source code the request will be dispatched to
> "Roles List Setup" which is again listRoles.do.
> Does that make sense?
>
> It still works if I define the "Roles List Setup" like this:
> <forward        name="Roles List Setup"
>                     path="/users/listRoles.jsp"
>                 redirect="false"/>

This is the same as the above "Roles List Setup" definition since
listRoles.do?forward=Roles+List calls listRoles.jsp.  So it doesn't
matter whether you use forward "Roles List" or to call directly
listRoles.jsp since "Roles List" forwards to listRoles.jsp.

Amy

> Regards
> Oliver
>

> ******************* BITTE BEACHTEN *******************
> Diese Nachricht (wie auch allfällige Anhänge dazu) beinhaltet
> möglicherweise vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschützte Daten oder
> Informationen. Zum Empfang derselben ist (sind) ausschliesslich die
> genannte(n) Person(en) bestimmt. Falls Sie diese Nachricht
> irrtümlicherweise erreicht hat, sind Sie höflich gebeten, diese unter
> Ausschluss jeder Reproduktion zu zerstören und die absendende Person
> umgehend zu benachrichtigen. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.
>

> --

Amy Roh
Java 2 Enterprise Edition
Java/XML Software