I'ts been brought to my attention that a
HttpSessionBindingListener is being called with an unexpected thread
context ClassLoader when the session expires.  That interface is used to
detect when object are bound or unbound from a session, and the developer
was attempting to perform an EJB call when the object was unbound.
However, in Tomcat 3.3.1, the EJB classes are not available when the call
comes in due to a session timeout, because the TCCL is not set to the
appropriate application CL.
        Does anyone have any thoughts on the appropriate behavior here?
Would it be unreasonable to set the TCCL to the application CL when
calling a HttpSessionBindingListener in the timeout case?  If not, I'll
file a bug report.
        Also, I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the 4.x/5.x
releases.

Thanks,
        Aaron