So I find that works on NetWare with our mod_jk, as you said.  The only thing that
worries me is that the port value set in server.xml is not honored, on Windows or on
NetWare.  Is there somewhere else it is pulling its configuration from?  I cannot have
shifting ajp ports, since I might have two catalina instances running simultaneously,
and I need to control what port Apache sends requests to, so that I can route them
right.

What I saw was that I set the port to 9010, but Catalina still comes up with "ajp13
listening on tcp port 8009".  When I fire up the second instance of Catalina, it comes
up listening on 8010, after unsuccessfully trying to get port 8009.  I cannot just use
8009 and 8010, due to both port conflicts on NetWare(with 8009), and because I do not
want to rely on startup order of the two Catalina instances.

Is this a bug, or is there some part of the design that I'm missing?

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/15/02 9:44:57 AM >>>
So I'm barking up the wrong tree?  I thought somebody had told me that the Coyote JK 2
connector only worked with mod_jk2.  I'll go play around with the Coyote / mod_jk
combo on NetWare, and see how it works.

Thanks.

Jeff Tulley wrote:
> When I uncomment the AJP13 Connector, I get the following exception on startup:
> ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
> java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:369)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:777)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:751)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:339)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerLifecycleListener.java:206)
>
>         at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)
>
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2182)
>
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:510)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>
>         at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
> I'm wondering if the fix is simply to add a section into
>catalina/src/share/o/a/c/mbeans/mbeans-descriptors.xml, describing the AJP 13
>connector?
>
> I've attached my naive fix to this, which is to copy the Coyote connector section,
>removing only the protocolHandler attribute, since that is unique to Coyote(if I'm
>not mistaken, I very well could be).
>
> Could I get one of the committers to review this please and submit the change?  We
>need this for NetWare, which does not have a port of mod_jk2 yet.

Either Coyote JK 2 or the old AJP 1.3 connector can be used with mod_jk
(that's why the AJP 1.3 connector is deprecated).

Remy