This time I have problems with commons-logging. It seems

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:435)

It seems Log is loaded by the common loader, Log4JCategoryLog by the
webapp loader. And they don't match.

Same thing works fine in 4.1.12.

I can fix this by moving commons-logging and log4j at top level, but
that's just a workaround.

Remy - any idea of what changed ?