Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
HI,

just a quick update with Xerces 2.2. Two weeks ago, I tough I've found the problem Tomcat was having with Xerces 2,2 (by replacing struts.jar file with the 1.1 beta version, the bug did not show up again). I did some tests last week and the bug starts to re-appear, but not all the time (sometimes 10 runs works fine). First I was under the impression it was a bug in Digester, but that was a wrong assumption. I have discussed the issue with the Xerces team and sent a small test case to them that reproduce consistently the bug. They have changed the threading model in Xerces 2.2 and, IMO, seems to be the cause (thread race).

The bug doesn't occurs all the time, but the struts-config.xml is the perfect candidate to reproduce the problem.

More news to come :-)
Thanks for the feed back ;)