Mladen Turk wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Gomez

I didn't tried RH 8.0 yet, but the experience I've got from RH 7.2 with JNI make me some serious headaches.

Before launching Apache 2.0 you need :

1) set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$jre/bin:$jre/bin/classic:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Thanks man, that's the cache!
Did it works now ?

For 1.4.1/RH8:
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/client:$
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

2) make JDK use the non floating stacks

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

No need for that to start the JVM, but will check how it works.
There is good information about floating stack in IBM SDK

But important:
'which java' _must_ point to the jre/bin/java so jre's path has to
precede jdk one, like $JAVA_HOME/jre/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin
Are you using IBM, Sun or Blackdown SDK ?