Hi,

Here is a short patch to mod_jk giving people the opportunity to make mod_jk
honor Apache "UseCanonicalName" option.

Eg.:

  ServerName www.foo.org
  UseCanonicalName on
  JkOption HonorUseCanonicalName

In practice in the following configuration, whatever the Host header in the
HTTP request, request.getServerName() will return "www.foo.org".

The patch is against tomcat connectors 1.2, it patches mod_jk for Apache 1.3
and Apache 2.0, and is under the Apache Software Licence.

Part for apache 1.3 was suitably tested, but I didn't have an Apache 2.0 handy
to test that part. I guess the patch is simple enough not to have side
effects, so I'm quite confident. I'd be happy to have feedback on both parts
anyway.

Feel free to mail me any feeling/feedback you have about this proposition.

Cheers,

-Thomas

PS: I'm not on tomcat-dev so please Cc me any reply, thanks.

--
== Thomas Morin   --  GSM: 06 83 20 64 87   --   Tel: 02 98 05 98 54
== PGP Id:8CEA233D   Key FP:503BF6CFD3AE8719377B832A02FB94E08CEA233D