Hi:

I'm a new Tomcat user not yet active in tomcat development. I've spent quite some time
trying to debug my JSP code that works fine with Tomcat 3.2.4 but gets this cryptic
error with Tomcat 4.1.14:

----- Root Cause -----
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: error in invoking method
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.createTypedArray(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:440)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.internalIntrospecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:263)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:220)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspect(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:198)

I looked at the source; and this part of JspRuntimeLibrary eats-up the actual
exception. I could not find much help on the web (mail archives, Google, etc) except
for  http://w4.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Dec/msg01012.html an outdated related
issue/suggested enhancement for Tomcat 3.2.x ...

Sending a sample code that shows this behavior could be more involved so I don't
expect a direct solution to the problem. Nevertheless, could someone please:

(a) tell me if this is a known (non-critical) issue and has been there for a long time.

(b) let me know if there's a quick fix to this. I'm guessing that if I intent to debug
my problem (to get the actual exception), I'll need to build Tomcat locally on my
machine in the worst case (sigh!).

(c) tell me if I should post a bug/enhancement for this.

Thanks in advance,

Nitin