Costin Manolache wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

I plan to reorganize the jakarta-tomcat-catalina repository as follows:
- catalina folder: Catalina core; this depends on the servlet API
- modules folders: Optional functionality and modules (one example is
clustering), but which depends on the Catalina API; this does not
directly depend on the servlet API

Alternately, using another repository (j-t-modules) is possible, but
just using a folder looks simpler, as there is an API dependency.

I propose putting independent modules in j-t-connectors (like eventually
some of the naming features).

<ballot>
+1 [X] -1 [ ]
</ballot>

Some comments: while it is a good idea for the new code ( clustering ),
it's probably not worth moving the existing code around. At least not until we decide about the Action and auth*.
Code that is independent of catalina core should be in j-t-connectors or j-t-modules. Probably a modules cvs repository would make sense - but
there's no problem with using j-t-connectors.
Ok, so to paraphrase:
- Catalina core: stays in j-t-catalina/catalina
- Modules which use the Catalina API: j-t-catalina/modules (or by component name, like j-t-catalina/cluster ?)
- Rest: j-t-c

I won't bother moving code around for now then (and you like doing that way too much, so I'll let you do it if it's needed ;-) ).

Remy