Remy Maucherat wrote:
Hi,

I would be in favor of supporting running with only the JRE installed, esp if Sun actually does win its injunction against M$.

The TODO list for that is:
- Update scripts (.bat, .sh, .nsi) to support the JRE. That's easy.
- Update build to precompile *all* webapps distributed with Tomcat (JSP examples, admin, root webapp).
- In the event that someone does try to run a JSP page which isn't compiled, and it fails because the compiler isn't there, we have to display a meaningful error message instead of the current one.

Comments ?
+1 I would like to use gcj (from gcc) and JRE, so I am also interested.

Remy