jean-frederic clere wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

I've switched (temporarily, maybe) away from JavaService to Procrun.
The problem is that I couldn't get it to work.

In the install script, I'm using the following command:
ExecWait '"$INSTDIR\bin\tomcatw.exe" //IS//Tomcat5 --DisplayName "Apache Tomcat @VERSION@" --Description "Apache Tomcat @VERSION@ Server http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat"; --Install "$INSTDIR\bin\tomcat.exe" --ImagePath "$INSTDIR\bin\bootstrap.jar" --StartupClass org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap;main;start --ShutdownClass org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap;main;stop --Java auto --JavaOptions -Djava.endorsed.dirs="$INSTDIR\common\endorsed"#-Dcatalina.home="$INSTDIR" --StdOutputFile "$INSTDIR\logs\stdout.log" --StdErrorFile "$INSTDIR\logs\stderr.log" --WorkingPath "$INSTDIR"'

Have you try without the @VERSION@?
It's an Ant token, so it gets replaced before invoking NSIS anyway.
The service parameters now gets populated correctly (I looked at the source code to find out where they were going), but:
- err and out redirection doesn't seem to work (the console stays blank, as do the logs, and all output goes into the console)
- procrunw still flashes a console when it's used; I thought it was supposed not to
- WorkingPath doesn't seem to do anything
- JavaOptions doesn't either :-(

If I call the test service mode from the right directory (the Catalina home), then it works ok.

Additionally, it seems that the daemon must block until stop is called to work.

Remy