Since ant is a top level project, is there a reason that tomcat should or should not be a top level project. What issues does this raise?

My guess is top level projects have the opportunity to have sub-projects which seems to be what tomcat already has.

My guess the main project is tomcat (the distributed binary) and the subprojects are:
- catalina
- connectors
- modules (the add-ons to 5 like cluster, ...)
- jasper
- ???

I apologize if this was discussed in other circles, I'm just stuck in over 2 ft of snow and am getting restless.

-Tim