I am not sure if this helps, but a forward happens at the server so the
server makes the forwarded request and returns the results to the
browser, so the browser never knows the request has changed and therefor
the URL in the browser will not change, on the other hand a redirect
tells the browser to go get the new page so the browser URL will update
to the new URL.

John