Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Well, the build is still broken for me. commons-logging inists on being
> built in ${tomcat.build} instead of ${tomcat.build}/common/lib and
> ${tomcat.build}/server/lib.
>
> What's the point of the updated build ?

The point of the updated build is to get some consistency. Some of the
components were built directly, some from j-t-catalina/catalina/build.xml,
files were built in 5 different places and copied over, etc.

Sorry for the breakage - I should have tested it more, I initially hoped
it'll be much smaller.

What we should have is a simpler and more consistent build:

- we download jars for all released components we depend on ( via tar.gz,
from a repository when it'll be available )

- we build all the components that we need to - like our own components
or the components that are in active development or we don't want to use the
latest stable release ( modeler, el, etc )