Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
>> When we add a new dependency to the code, we should:
>> 1. Update gump
>> 2. Make a small proposal and get a vote
>> 3. Use conditionals if the dependency is not required and update download
>> target
>>
>> Dependencies are very important and affect everyone.
>>
>> I don't remember when fileupload was added to HTMLManagerServlet - but it
>> certainly doesn't belong to server/lib ( IMO it should go to WEB-INF/lib
>> of the manager ).
>
> The dependency was sneaked in by Glenn (and it is now predictably
> causing moral problems with 4.1.x; I will completely ignore these
> problems, and urge to proceed with the release if this is the only issue).
> I complained at the time, but the functionality appeared useful, so I
> decided not to veto his patch.

Well - I tought the rule is that we can't release with dependencies on
unreleased or beta code.

And HTMLManagerServlet was supposed to be a simple servlet - it now has
dependencies on fileupload and that is forced on the whole thing.

Glenn: is it ok if we comment this out for 4.1 ? Can you move the upload
to a different servlet ? It doesn't have to be in HTMLManager, it can be in
a regular standalone webapp.