I am aware that this might better fit in the tomcat-user list.  But I have been asking
over there for a couple of days, and nobody seems to have an answer to it.  Probably
it is too difficult?  I doubt.  Anyway, I hope that I can get some help from here.

I know how to use keytool to generate a self-signed certificate and run Tomcat with
SSL.

I want to use a certificate that is generated by my little Java program which is part
of my Certification Authority.

So I have my little Java program generate a X509 Certificate called cert4ca.cer.

Then I deleteed the tomcat certificate in my keystore and successfully imported
cert4ca.cer into my keystore as alias tomcat.  See the attached file cert4ca.cer. It's
a valid one, otherwise, I would not have been
able to import it into my keystore.

Now I launch tomcat, but I can only visit http://localhost, not https://localhost.  If
I reverse to the keytool-generated certificate, both http and https work perfect again.

So, would you please give me a hint, how can I use the certificate generated by my
little Java program to run tomcat with SSL?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mark (Choreson)

http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promos=380455