Costin Manolache wrote:
Amy Roh wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a simple way to disable jmx in tc5 other
than changing tomcat code to avoid registration/unregistration manually
which won't be trivial.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do this ?

I don't. I was just thinking of different options to integrate tomcat into a product that already handles jsr77 code for webmodules. just brain storming...

The whole point of using ( and requiring ) JMX is to simplify the model. I know that right now it doesn't look simpler, especially since some pieces are broken - but things are getting consistent and at least in my opinion they'll be much simpler in the end.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks,
Amy

A lot of the complexity in the current JMX stuff is related with the
2 config models - we need to support server.xml and direct API calls for
backward compat.