Jeff Tulley wrote:
I think I've got a fix for the connector thing, gotta still try it out
to be sure. I just thought that the mbeans-descriptors fix is "low
hanging fruit". IE, with just a simple little fix, every time somebody
is forced to go back to the old connector for one reason or another,
they won't immediately come back to the list with the complaint of "I'm
getting the following exception".

I had been in favor of making the exception look nicer (but got vetoed by Craig way back then).
OTOH, I am against adding the declaration in the descriptors, which would make it sound the thing is supported.

The AJP 1.3 connector is based on the code from the old HTTP/1.1 connector, which likely had issues in its thread pool (in addition to being very wasteful GC wise). I strongly advise against using it.

But if an upgrade to commons-modeler would also fix the problem without
changing deprecated code, I'm all for doing that instead.

Let me go check out my code changes to CoyoteRequest, see how they
work...

Remy