Patches are welcome.

If you create one please submit an enhancement request in bugzilla then attache
the patch.

Thanks,

Glenn

Thomas Raehalme wrote:
Hi,

I have been wondering about user authentication when sending e-mail messages using JavaMail (and SMTP). Tomcat provides pre-configured javax.mail.Session objects through JNDI, but does it provide means to specify authentication settings in the server?

I have been searching through the documentation and mailing list archives for information on how to provide authentication information in the server settings, but so far haven't found anything. I also noticed other messages asking similar questions.

If this issue hasn't been previously considered, maybe it would be a good idea to make the class org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory provide an Authenticator for the Session.getInstance method? The Authenticator implementation would get the necessary authentication information from the server configuration.

Naturally I volunteer to provide the basic implementation if necessary.

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Raehalme                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tuotekehitysjohtaja                     gsm  040 545 0605
Artamir Innovations Ltd.                puh. 09 2517 5970
Tekniikantie 14, Innopoli II            fax  09 2517 5979
02150 Espoo                             http://www.artamir.com