This is a conversation we are having on the users list.  I propose that
the contexts, "/admin", and "/manager" be renamed to something else, (I
suggest "/tomcat/admin", and "/tomcat/manager" respectively).  Doing so
avoids Tomcat being yet another app, which wants to own
http://(url)/admin

This is very easily modifiable in Tomcat (one string in admin.xml and
manager.xml), and I think it should be done.

Original posts:
(my email)
Tomcat ought to do the same, IMO.  You never know who else wants to own
"http://url/admin";, and you do not always have the luxury of renaming
it.

/tomcat/admin and /tomcat/manager are more specific, and can easily be
changed on Tomcat's side.

Maybe something to bring up on the developer list.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/16/03 1:29:52 PM >>>
That's a good point. There I go again. Always thinking of the Quick
fix!