Remy Maucherat wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

jfarcand 2003/07/22 21:02:29

Modified: catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
MapperListener.java
Log:
When using the embedded interface (or jmx directly), context are never removed because of this condition (mapper.removeContext is never called).
Then if you re-deploy the same app, The Mapper will maps the http call to the first Mapper's context object, which is an invalid (orphan) object. The client always receives a 503 (since the context is invalid and marked as unavailable).
Removing the condition doesn't have any side effect (but fix the problem).

Really ? Doesn't it cause problems if there are multiple engines ?

I was first able to reproduce the problem with 3 engines, but now I can reproduce it with only 1 engine.
I will try to come up with a better solution if I can find a case were the condition is required and breaks the mapper. I'm working on it.....Or at least come with a better description of the problem :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Remy

- if ( ! "*".equals( domain ) &&
- ! domain.equals( objectName.getDomain() ) &&
- ! domain.equals( engineName ) ) {
- // A different domain - not ours
- if( j2eeType!=null )
- log.debug("MBean in different domain " + objectName);
- return;
- }
+
log.debug( "Handle " + objectName ); if (notification.getType().equals
(MBeanServerNotification.REGISTRATION_NOTIFICATION)) {