Sorry for using gmane, but the original is on my machine at work, and I
really didn't have time to follow tomcat-dev today.  Reply below.

"Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Bill Barker wrote:

> >>Well, protocol for HTTP and AJP is the accurate name. Protocol for the
> >>secure layer is also the right name (note that this parameter is
> >>remarkably useless, as everything supports TLS now, and the old SSL2 is
> >>supposedly insecure).
> >
> > Yeah, well everything that you've said is true.  However, in the
interest of
> > deprecating the Factory (which is even more useless than the parameter
;-),
> > I'm +1 on Jan's patch.
>
> I have nothing against Jan's patch this time.
> I added passing arbitrary parameters on the connector element, so it
> should be actually possible to avoid using the fake socket factory. I
> don't have much time to tweak stuff, but the server.xml should IMO be
> updated, removing the factory for the SSL example. Can you do it ?

Sure, no problem.  I probably won't be able to do it until the weekend, but
you won't be back before then anyway ;-).

> (and then the SSL Howto and connector docs will need to be updated)

I'm notoriously bad at doc-writing (I've yet to submit a doc patch that
hasn't been substantially re-written ;-).  However, since TC 5 is still in
alpha, I'll post changes to the docs as well.  There is still time for
someone with writing skills to improve on it ;-).