Ayoub Raffoul wrote:

Hello,

I'm running Apache Tomcat ver. 4.1 on a Windows 2000 server. The machine has multipe IP addresses. I have configured Apache Tomcat in server.xml to run on a specific IP address port 80 as follows (fake IP address):

enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" address="205.200.21.30"/>

I also need to run IIS on the same machine though on a different IP IE: 205.200.21.31 and port 80. Each time I try to launch IIS I get an error message saying port is in use. If I shut down Tomcat then the port get released and I'm able to launch Tomcat. It seems that Tomcat is reserving all ports # 80 for all IP addresses on this machine. This configuration was working correctly in an older version of Tomcat.
Even though Tomcat seems to be reserving all port 80 for all IP addresses it is only responding to 205.200.21.30.

Vice Versa is also a problem. If I shut down Tomcat and start IIS on 205.200.21.31:80, Tomcat will no longer launch on 205.200.21.30:80. It will report that the port is in use.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue? Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

___

A port denotes an application, so i'm suprised you were previously able to have 2 applications on the same machine on the same port. In other words, the OS needs be aware and support different-IP-same-port distinction. I don't know if Win or others do that.

--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail. Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.