Florent BENOIT wrote:

For the saving feature :
> That feature is thought out for standalone mode. It's hard to predict what are the components which should be saved, and which should not.
> Now if you want to refactor the save-to-xml code to a separate class (and allow configuring that class, of course), then I'm waiting for your patch :)

There is no problem for doing a contribution. But maybe I have to use the skippable mechanism already defined in StandardServer.
So, by adding a public method addSkippable(String classname) (and maybe a removeSkippable(String)) and by adding the isSkippable() mechanism in the storeContext like for storeListener()
I think that addSkippable(String classname) is better than setSkippables(string skippables) as we don't have to know the existing skippables.
These methods will not be called in standalone mode but can be useful in the embedded mode.
If you agree with this, I can propose a patch for the current catalina 5.x cvs.

The implementation of the feature had little to do with the StandardServer class itself. It should really be a separate helper class (no more hacks, sorry ;-) ).

Remy