> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:34:40 +0200
> From: Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: [5.0] JSP performance ...
> To: Tomcat Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Torsten Fohrer wrote:
>
> > next try
>
> Yes, the code is better (IMO) and performs a little better also.
> However, looking more at my profiler, I think the problem with that
> benchmark is all the not optimized int -> String conversions. Since
> that's not too useful in the real world (but in that benchmark, it seems
> extremely important), it is not worth optimizing it right now.
>
> BTW, for these, Resin generated out.print((var)), assuming the type of
> the expression would be correct. I think we went through that and
> decided not to do that, right ?

We did?

I think we should also use out.print(var) instead of
out.write(String.valueOf(var)).  The print methods cover all the types
covered by String.valueOf, so there is really no advantage in using
out.write's.  Using print lets javac resolves the object types at
compile time instead of runtime, and should be faster.

If there is no objections, I'll go ahead and make the change.

- Kin-man