Kin-Man Chung wrote:
I think keeping an array (in the Template node) of the source line that
corresponds to each of the Java line we generate is probably enough.  I'll
commit some codes today and you'll see what I mean.

There are reasons for not doing SMAP generation in Generator.  Generator is
already the biggest module in Jasper, and I'd like not to make it any more
complicated.  Also, some codes are generated out of order, in buffers that
got appended at the end of generating the main method, so that the mappings
cannot be determined when codes are generated.

SMAP generation is one of the area that does not got enough test and use.
You seem to be one of the few who actually look at it.  Are you doing anything
with it?

Given the number of bug reports which have been filed against that single feature, I can assert this is not the case. You should rewrite your sentence as "SMAP generation is one of the area that does not get enough test and use among Tomcat committers" ;-)

Remy